In an announcement that could affect more than 4,000 holidaymakers, Truly Holdings – owner of Teletext Holidays and Alpharooms – has entered receivership.
It comes after the Travel Trust Association (TTA) revoked Teletext and Alpharooms memberships due to financial issues. Both organizations subsequently went into liquidation.
Truly Holdings entered into a voluntary liquidation from creditors on December 1, with Robert Cundy and Bijal Shah of Edge Recovery and Insolvency Practitioners being appointed to handle the company’s closure.
This came months after the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) launched legal action against Teletext Holidays over insufficient progress on refunds to package holiday customers. In its statement, the watchdog said it did not consider Truly Holdings had done enough to reimburse package holiday customers with outstanding claims.
The CMA says the company has paid more than £7m owed to holiday package customers, but says more customers are still waiting for their refund. A Teletext Holidays spokesperson said separately The mirror the amount refunded is £10.8million and said he owed £1.2million for historical and ongoing cancellations.
Please connection to continue reading this article.
Not a member?
Become a member
- Stay up to date with industry news and appointments
- Ask about events first
- Read 1 free Premium article per month
Become a premium member
- All the benefits of a standard member plus:
- Access to the entire Credit Strategy website
- 12 month subscription to Credit Strategy Magazine
- 25% discount on all conferences
- Exclusive access to round tables reserved for Premium members
- 50% off rewards registration fees